Continuing on with the more morbid side of costume how-to’s, here is how to create the look of bloodied intestines falling out of your body. This can be added onto any top/dress as you please.
What you’ll need
Tan or Flesh coloured stockings
Cotton Filling or Tissues or Toilet Paper
Red Food Dye
Thread and needle
- First thing you will need to do is create the intestines. Grab your pair of tan/flesh coloured stockings and cut off one leg piece.
- Fill with cotton filling or tissues or toilet paper so that you end up with one sausage looking stuffed stocking.
- The next thing you will need to do is sew them onto your top or dress. To achieve the look best, do achieve the best look, you will need to sew the intestines while wearing the item of clothing. Note: best to not wear another top underneath so that you don’t accidently sew into both tops.
- Stand in front of a mirror and sew the open end closed and onto your top/dress under your chest/ on the top of your stomach area. Then assemble the stocking across the top of your stomach and then round it around and down so that it begins the pattern of intestines. Sew into place on the edges so that it is secured into place around all edges – outside and within all intersecting areas.
- Next you will need to create the bloodied effect. Lay down some newspaper and place your top/dress on it. Get the red food dye and pour directly onto the top of the intestine area to create the blood splattered effect/bloody intestine look.
- Voila! You know how a disgusting looking bloodied top or dress for all your Halloween needs!