So you want to dress as Freddy Krueger but don’t want to splurge out on spending big to buy the official glove? Fear not! Here’s how to make it using only cardboard and aluminium foil. Plus dodgy versions of costumes are funnier anyway…
What you’ll need
- Cut a semi-circle piece of cardboard that is the size of the back of your hand palm area.
- Cut out 4 pieces of cardboard that look like the letter T. The stalk part of the piece needs to be the width of your fingers, with the top of the shape needs to be wide enough so that it can wrap around the tips of your fingers.
- Using sticky-tape curve the thick top parts of the T cardboard pieces around the width of your fingers and tape into place. You should be able to slip the tips of your fingers into the enclose space where the cardboard meets the stalk. Fit it so that it is easily to slip on, but snug enough so that it won’t fall off easily. Do this for each finger.
- Slot all the pieces onto your finger and then tape the ends onto the semi-circle palm piece so that they are all comfortable lengths so that if you wriggle your fingers it will not detach from the piece over the back of your hand.
- Next you need to make the blade pieces. Cut out 4 triangular knife shapes from cardboard that are identical, the stalk bit of the pieces will need to be narrow enough to slot into the top part of the glove finger wraps.
- Cover the 4 pieces in aluminium foil and sticky tape into place.
- Now you need to attach the blades to the finger pieces. Slot the stalk ends of the knife cardboard pieces into the ends of the glove finger pieces.
- Voila! You know have your own fun and creepy Freddy Krueger glove all set for Halloween!