Everybody loves a Star Wars costume, but what could be more dramatic than a Han Solo Carbonite costume? (Maybe a Wookie one, but we’re not talking about that…)
What you’ll need
A piece of cardboard in your height – try undoing a big cardboard box
Silver Spray Paint
Silver face paint of lipstick
- Put down your piece of cardboard and then lie down on it and get someone to draw an outline of your body on it in the position of Han Solo frozen. Making sure to mark out where your head is and where your hands are.
- Draw a circle/oval of where your face would sit and then cut it out of the cardboard. Try fitting your face through the hole and then appropriately cut out more of the cardboard to fit your face snuggly.
- Draw two circles of where your hands would come out of the cardboard then cut it out of the cardboard. Try fitting your hands through the hole and then appropriately cut out more of the cardboard so that your hands comfortably fit out of the holes.
- Draw a rough sketch of a shirt, the top of pants and feet – these will be your guides as to the areas you will make 3D.
- Mix together some flour and water to create glue, tear up some newspaper, dip into this mixture and then start to build up the 3D areas of the carbonite. Leave to dry.
- Once you have your base of the protruding areas of Han Solo’s body from the carbonite brick, spray paint entirely in silver spray paint. Leave to dry.
- On the day you want to wear your costume, paint your face with silver face paint or silver lipstick, put on your silver gloves and Voila! You have created a super duper Han Solo carbonite costume.