If you’re looking for a dramatic look for Halloween this year, it’s hard to go past Day of the dead make-up and get up as a costume.
What you’ll need
White face powder or white face paint
Black Eye-shadow or black face paint
Black Eye-liner or black face paint
Red Lip liner or red face paint
- Tie your hair back into a high bun.
- Using the stem of your fake flowers slide each flower down and into your bun and secure it with a bobby pin. Please note that the flowers should be positioned at the front of your scalp/head.
- Keep sliding and pinning flowers into your bun so that you create a pile of flowers sitting at the front of your head. The more flowers and the brighter the mix of flowers, the more dramatic the look.
- Using a sponge, coat your entire face with white Powder or white face paint, avoiding your eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Using your black eye-liner or a brush and black face paint, draw a spider’s web on your forehead fanning out.
- Then draw a horizontal line across your lips where the top and bottom lip separate, then draw short vertical lines about a centimetre apart across the line,this is where you will create the look of a scar.
- Using a brush and black eye-shadow or face paint draw two large circles around your eyes and fill in entirely with colour.
- Then outline the outside of the nostril area of your nose and fill in with colour.
- Using red lip liner or red face paint and a brush draw a scalloped edge around the large black circles – you can choose to fill in or leave as is.
- Then draw a spiky line on your chin pointing up and fill in with colour.
- Voila! You are now ready to couple with a bright, patterned top or dress and complete your dramatic Halloween look!